This weekend is packed with amazing things to do in Ottawa. For starters, there’s #100in1Day.
#100in1DayOTT consists of more than 100 creative and fun activities, all citizen-led, happening around the city on Saturday, Jun. 2, 2018.
Here are just a few examples:
- Share your vision for a specific public space (e.g. the Prince of Wales bridge across the Ottawa River), for a neighbourhood or the city;
- Hug a tree;
- Beautify a park by transforming recycled tires into planters through paint;
- See how a group of residents turned infill debris in Westboro into a bed of day lilies;
- Make music with instruments from Ottawa Public Library’s instrument library;
- Swap tools, small appliances or clothes;
- Play drop-in soccer, hula-hooping, ping pong or other sport;
- Help plant a community garden;
- Have Ottawa poets write you a haiku;
- Visit a co-housing initiative;
- Learn about raising chickens;
- Take your bike to a pop-up tune-up station;
- Meet your neighbours in a pop-up living room;
- Take a book, read books about trees and nature in an outdoor reading room, or help create a free little library;
- Plant your ideas for increasing diversity and inclusion;
- Sit-in for affordable housing and a community land trust in Herongate;
- Discuss how to #BeatPlasticPollution;
- Take action to protect the Ottawa River, support wild pollinators, spread local seeds, or help clean up Mud Lake;
- Enjoy some silence!
There’s so much more—check out the #100in1DayOTT website and interactive map.