Guest post contributed by Christine Earnshaw, Tree Fest Ottawa.
On Saturday and Sunday, September 22nd and 23rd, 2018, from 9:30am – 4:30pm, Tree Fest Ottawa presents its fall tree festival at the south end of Brewer Park near Brewer Pond. This outdoor festival combines learning + nature + art + play. Connect with trees and your community in this little oasis of nature in the city. Free admission through the support of the City of Ottawa.
Main activities include:
- Guided walks by a master tree identifier, an Indigenous Walk led by a knowledgeable Indigenous spot talker; and a guided bird walk
- Get involved! Putting trees on the municipal election agenda with Tree Action Now! and talk by David Chernushenko
- Immersive and exploratory forest therapy and edible foraging sessions
- Learn about trees with Ask an Arborist and a Carleton historian discussing Ottawa’s urban forest
- Get your hip waders on and explore the pond with the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
- Musical performances by Just Voices, Christine Graves, and a singalong with radio host Chris White
- Art murals, photography exhibit, storytelling, interactive games, scavenger hunt, yoga, food and drink, and more…
Visit Tree Fest Ottawa’s website for the Festival Program.