One of the most important things you can do for a sustainable and just Ottawa is vote in the municipal election on Monday, October 24, 2022.
One mayoral candidate offers a clear, achievable path towards this future: Catherine McKenney has a compelling vision of what Ottawa could be, and has offered feasible, community-based and costed ways of providing sustainable, accessible and equitable services while addressing the climate emergency. They have the commitment, experience, integrity and ability to bring people together to make positive change happen.
Green Living Ottawa was created in the belief that imagining desired futures—creating new stories, or “restorying”—can help people live sustainably. We need municipal leaders with alternative visions to the unsustainable and inequitable status quo, and with the ideas, energy, listening skills and engagement capacities to achieve them.
Your vote for mayor, city councillor, and school board trustee are vitally important.
To find out how to vote, check the City’s information for voters page.
To review candidates’ positions on environmental and social issues, check out:
- Ecology Ottawa’s All Candidates’ Environmental Survey results
- Community Associations for Environmental Sustainability (CAFES) Ottawa’s Mayoral Eco-Debates videos
- Greenspace Alliance of Canada’s Capital’s Candidate Endorsements
- Bike Ottawa’s Plan for Safer, Sustainable and Liveable Streets
- Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa’s Starts with Home campaign
- Horizon Ottawa’s Candidate Endorsements